The Online Master of Information and Data Science program starts three times throughout the year (January, May and September). Applications are reviewed as they are received, so you are encouraged to submit your completed application as soon as possible. Admissions decisions are made on a rolling basis.
September 2020 Admission Deadlines
|Early Action Deadline||April 1, 2020|
|Priority Application Deadline||April 29, 2020|
|Final Application Deadline||May 27, 2020|
|Classes Start||August 24, 2020|
January 2021 Admission Deadlines
|Early Action Deadline||August 12, 2020|
|Priority Application Deadline||September 9, 2020|
|Final Application Deadline||October 7, 2020|
|Classes Start||January 4, 2021|
To complete your application, you must submit the following:
- Online application
- Official transcripts from all educational institutions attended from your undergraduate degree on
- Statement of Purpose and additional admissions statements
- Two professional letters of recommendation
- A working knowledge of fundamental computer science concepts including: data structures, algorithms and analysis of algorithms, and linear algebra
- Current resume
- TOEFL Scores (if applicable)
- Application fee of $120 for domestic applicants or $140 for international applicants
- Optional: Official Graduate Record Examination (GRE) or Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT) scores
If you have questions about the admissions process, contact the admissions team directly via email.
Request information to learn more about the datascience@berkeley curriculum.
Contact an Admissions Counselor today with any questions at 855-918-2299, or fill out a brief form to request more information.